Pikkuprovinssi’s traditional Band Event was organised for the first time in the spring of 1995 in Törnävänsaari, based on the idea of Jyrki Keskinen, who was supervising the band club in Törnävä School, to organise an event where all children could play together. The event was put on hold for a while in the beginning of the 21st century, but in 2007, Children’s Cultural Centre Louhimo and Seinäjoki Live Music Society SELMU began to organise Pikkuprovinssi again at Rytmikorjaamo. In 2017 the event returned back to Törnävänsaari Pavilion.
An average of ten bands from Louhimo’s operational area perform in the Pikkuprovinssi Band Event every year. During its history, the event has provided a stage for over 175 primary school bands and, at the same time, the first public performance experience for a great number of amateur musicians.
Band Event 17.5.2023 at 17:00
Next Band Event is organized in Törnävänsaari Pavilion (address: Törnäväntie 20, Seinäjoki) on May 17th at 5 pm. Free admission. See information about the area and arrival.
- Lohikäärmeet (dragons), Hyllykallio Elementary School
- Eagles, Hyllykallio Elementary School
- Meta, Hyllykallio Elementary School
- Joupin kutoset 1, Jouppi Elementary School
- Joupin kutoset 2, Jouppi Elementary School
- KymppiKomppi, Metsola Elementary School
- Kreikkalaiset jumalat (Greek gods), Pajuluoma Elementary School
- Hattivatit (Hattivatteners), Pajuluoma Elementary School
There is also a cafeteria open in the area. Please note that you can’t enter the pavilion with baby strollers.